FIVE


Claire-Bear turned 5 today.  It seems like not long ago she was blowing out four candles and now yesterday it was five.  To celebrate we had her grandma and grandpa over along with her Aunt Larissa and Uncle Clint and her cousins.  She requested a menu of brats, baked beans, chips and fruit salad, so that's what we had.  I had make cupcakes  with the left-over cake batter from her birthday cake, so she was easy on me and we used those for dessert.  I think if you put anything on a white porcelain cake plate it takes it up a notch, anyway.

On Saturday, we had her first "friend party."  We had a nice little crowd of 4 little girls join us for a (loosely) themed Strawberry Shortcake party in the park.

THE CAKE:  Strawberry Shortcake's Hat!  I used a 10" cake pan for the brim (it used an entire cake mix) and a oven-proof mixing bowl for the top of the hat.  I found strawberry gummies at the candy store downton, and the bow is made from fruit-by-the-foot.  It was so easy and I still think it might be one of my favorite cakes...  For more of my humble cake creations, click HERE



We played a couple classic games... musical chairs, duck-duck-goose and egg-and-spoon race

Here are a couple enthusiastic spectators...


Hello-Kitty Lunch Box!

We still have another celebration next week with my family and that will officially be the end of birthday season for our family.  Happy Birthday Claire!  I love you and all of your ways.

MOMMY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey