In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey



I have been making homemade yogurt for awhile now.  I have hated pouring the whey down the drain, feeling as though I was wasting something of value, but didn't want to save it with no plan of how to use it.  I did a little research and found out that liquid whey is great to use in baking bread.  You just substitute it for the water!  I did just that in my most recent batch of bread.  I used my Basic White Bread recipe, but I tweaked it by using half whole wheat and half white flour.  The recipe makes two loaves, and I always make cinnamon swirl bread with one of the loaves.


Cinnamon Swirl Bread right out of the oven



My niece and 2 of my children eating the cinnamon swirl bread.  I think my dog scored some crusts once they left the table.

The Cinnamon Swirl Bread 10 minutes after coming out of the oven.  When my husband stopped by the house a few minutes later, he grabbed this chunk of it and that was that.

Comments

  1. So good to see your kids, and Jenny! :-) The Cinnamon Swirl Bread looks SO yummy. How do you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you roll out the dough, spread 1 Tbsp melted margarine over the surface and then sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar (2Tbsp sugar : 1 tsp cinnamon). Roll up the dough and bake as usual!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose