It's been awhile...

My posting has been pretty pathetic lately.  Not that there hasn't been anything to write on, it's just that there has been to much to do! Also, my camera is acting up, and I can't download pictures, so and I hate to blog without pretty pictures (or pictures of food). 

 I am really trying to not over-do it with Christmas-preparations this year.  Instead of baking my usual  amount of baked goods, I am instead reading to the kids, going for a run, or turning in early.  I have made a few favorite things that we simply can't do without:
-Spritz (2 batches)
-Sandboekles (using the tins from my Grandma Larson)
-Pretzels dipped in almond bark (so simple, but sooooo goooooood).
-Aunt Pat's Chocolate Mint Cookies

Instead of taking my usual cranberry or pumpkin bread to our neighbors, I am going to intead bring them a jar of the apple butter I froze this fall (I am so happy I did that!).  The kids are also getting fewer presents from us this year, and they are things that will be pretty usefull and don't require frequent battery changes! (Bicycle, watches, doll, clothes and some new play food). 

After the new year I will try to journal more frequently (maybe with a new camera??), but for now please excuse my absence and know that I am trying to maintain a sense of balance and sanity in the busy and special time of the year :).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey