Santa's Going to Be Excited About These....




I made some new cookies tonight! They are... awesome. Divine! The recipe is from my Aunt Pat- Thanks for sharing Pat- these are going to be a Meyerink Family Christmas Tradition!!

Aunt Pat's Chocolate Mint Cookies

In saucepan over low heat, combine and stir these until melted:

3/4 c butter

1-1/2 cup brown sugar

2 Tblsp water

Add and stir until nearly melted:

12 oz. milk choc chips

Remove saucepan from heat. Stir until all chips are melted. Pour mixture into large mixer bowl and let sit about 10 min. to cool.

Add ONE AT A TIME while mixer is on high speed:

2 eggs

Mix these dry ingredients together:

2-1/2 cup flour

1-1/4 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture to choc dough quickly but GRADUALLY, not all at once. Mix ONLY til just blended.

Chill the dough thoroughly. Roll into 1" balls. On ungreased cookie sheet, bake at 350 for 9-10 min. Put Andes wafer or chips on each cookie. Allow to melt, then spread the mint "frosting" as desired. Let set up, then put on cooling rack. Store in refrig in tightly covered container. Recipe yield: not sure; cookies disappear pretty fast. (I got about 5--6 dozen cookies)


Last weekend we were snowed in, so we made sugar cookies and spritz. I find making cut-out sugar cookies exhausting... but my kids love to make them (aka eat the dough) so I oblige them from time to time. I made the dough in my pajamas in the morning, and then we frosted them before bed... talk about a weekend project...

Comments

  1. Fisher is looking at the cookies adoringly, and Claire is looking pretty proud of "her" accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey