June...

June has always seemed to be the crown jewel of the calendar year.  In June, it is summer, in June, the weather (in the midwest) is perfect.  In June, things start to bloom.

This year, June had a different reputation.  THIS June, we were so busy with extra shifts at work, the height of the landscaping business, VBS, two kids in softball/baseball, TWO birthdays, and so many household projects that I would question why it was we ever moved.  Also, this June we received walnut-sized hail that nearly ruined my garden and damaged my van.  This June, our city received 13 inches of rain and had a colder than normal month.  I CANNOT believe how little the plants in my garden still are.  Will I EVER get ripe tomatoes?

But, as June draws to a close, I found myself flipping through the images I captured... so glad I did, as without them I'm not sure how much of this month I'd remember.  It turns out, this June was beautiful after-all :)

First year of softball for Claire

We learned to appreciate the fact that downtown and all it's yummy treats were mere blocks from our doorstep

Tornado Warning= way too much time in our scary basement

Holland wearing the dress her Grandma Nancy made for her

The day Claire came home from Grandma's!

We checked out the cow's on a local dairy farm (and enjoyed free pancakes and shakes too!)


Who doesn't love to dress up!

It was always a rush to get out the door, but once we were there, the baseball diamond felt like the right place to be.


Claire plays catcher

Holland and I played at a park while the big kids had golf lessons.  We had such a good time, just the two of us.

She finally let me put her hair up in pigtails!

Strawberry picking!  The berries were small and not very plentiful (due to heavy rains) but we worked hard and got enough for a pie and 8 cups of jam.


Our little cherry tree has a few cherries! 

At our new house, we have a "victory garden"  (a garden in the front yard).  This is my first attempt at growing kohlrabi.

The kitty is the only one who appreciates the tall grass

Just today, the first rose opened up.  It is so much fun to experience the first blooms of a new-to-you yard.

Comments

  1. So fun to read these blogs about 3 kids who bring us much happiness and the wonderful parents who are raising them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey