Fall 2014

We've been having the most beautiful fall.  Simply gorgeous, intoxicatingly beautiful days.  One after another.  

It has call caused an interesting inner conflict for me.  We are trying to paint as much of the exterior of our house as possible before the snow and cold make it impossible, so with all of the beautiful weather, I feel like I need to be outside, working.  However, of course when it's fall in the midwest, there is so much outside fun to be had!  I am torn between getting work done, and making fall memories with the kids.  We have definitely had to sacrifice a little on both ends.  

Yesterday was another one of those days.  P.E.R.F.E.C.T weather.  A yard FULL of leaves.  TWO adorable daughters.  Our compromise was to rake the yard, and then reward ourselves with smoothies and the park.  I got all of the leaves raked (well, of course not ALL of them, but 17 bags worth, anyways).  We got our smoothies and drank them in the sunken garden of our favorite park.  The girls put on shows for me atop of the garden walls, and I just drunk them and the day right up.



More pictures from our Fall 2014 (so far!)

Last week we grabbed pizza and pop (oh my!) and ate at a park.  

I was absolutely IN LOVE with the backdrop of those trees.  I tried coaxing the kids to take a picture together for me, but of course it ended up with them fighting and me grumpy.  Holland was willing to give me a pose :)


While Lance and my Fisher hunted, the girls and I enjoyed an afternoon at the Outdoor Campus

I painted my chicken coop!  Lance still needs to finish the trim.... but the pretty blue door makes up for it.  

Fisher and his buddies before their final flag-football game.  They had a great season- winning 6 out of 7 games!

My mom and dad moved to Sioux Falls last week!  His game was the first of many happy memories ahead with them in town.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey