Goodbye, Woodlawn Drive


Late last fall, we decided to make a change.  We bought a new house.  An OLD new house; 125 years old to be exact.  If you want to learn more about this OLD new house, please visit www.myqueenanne.wordpress.com

We decided to make the move not because of anything wrong with our lovely home on Woodlawn Drive.  We loved that house; it's big sunny rooms and wood floors.  The quiet, treelined streets in a quiet neighborhood filled with very neighborly neighbors.

This house was a house that I spent most of my intense mommy days.  When we moved in, Fisher was just 4 and Claire was nearly 2.  That seems impossible now; that they were that little and it blows me away to think of how much they changed while living in that house.  Holland was born 4 years ago and was brought through the front door in her carrier.  We spent so many hours in the kitchen together doing arts and crafts, baking, cleaning, eating together.  

Outside I will always remember Fisher's "climbing tree" (which really was unclimbable).  Later he learned to climb the pine tree in the back of the lot and all the kids played under its branches together.
My first gardens grew in the raised beds in back.  

If I close my eyes, I can envision every little last inch of the house on Woodlawn Drive.  I wonder how long that will be so.  I am thankful to look back on the house with nothing but happy memories and thankfulness that we were able to live there for the last 5.5 years.  However, I am so excited about our new adventure and all that it means for our family:
-paying off debt
-decreasing our monthly mortgage and loan payments
-investing more in retirement
-living in my "dream house"  (I have always wanted a Victorian home)
-Living in a neighborhood that needs good neighbors

Here are some pictures of our dear home on Woodlawn Drive.  Some day when my memories of its rooms fade, I will be grateful for these.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey