Garden Meals

I am so happy that produce from my garden is now dictating what shows up on my plate.  Last night we had eggplant parmesan and tonight we had this:

Tex Mex Stuffed peppers:  Onion, taco meat, black beans, brown rice and cheese.  Top with sour cream, tomato and cilantro.
A couple of weeks ago I took advantage of the unseasonably cool weather to make chilli using my first green pepper.  Marinated cucumbers and roasted egg plant rounded out the meal.
Basil!  I scored a slighly broken-but-free food processor and was amazed at how quickly it whipped up a big batch of pesto.

My first eggplant- It is so much fun to grow something new.  Before this summer, I had no idea what an egg plant plant looked like, or how they formed.  Every day, Claire goes out to "check on the egg plants."  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey