Back to School Peach Cobbler

 Back to school today!  This has been a good summer.  I actually felt like it flew by, which is probably a sign that it was a good one.  The kids did lots of camps and classes, had several playdates with friends, and spent quite a bit of time at the pool.  We had a GREAT vacation in Denver and Kansas City, and came back with a week to spare to say goodbye to summer.  Yesterday we drove an hour to a big beach on the river.  It was so windy there were whitecaps!  I enjoyed sitting in the shade, chatting with my friend and holding her baby, while Lance played and played and played with the kids.

This morning, it was hard to roll out of bed at 6:30.  The kids had beaten me up, and were anxious to put on their carefully selected first-day outfits.  We scurried out the door at 7:30, stopped for bagels on the way, and actually found a parking spot amongst the first-day madness.  


I hugged the kids, listened to their first-day song, and watched them enter the building for another year.  Holland and I held hands and walked back the car.  

I must say, it was nice to be home and dressed and ready for the day by 8am!  It was also nice to not have sibling spats that I had grown so accustomed to hearing over the summer.   (Of course there were several Holland-Mommy spats...  but anyways,  we played, cleaned, had an outing and enjoyed a BLT, all before lunch.  And then there was nap time.. so much silence.  So much productivity.  I even made Peach Cobbler.  Here is the link to the recipe I used.

It was perfect, except that I added a tablespoon of flour to the peaches and sugar in order to properly thicken them up.  I loved the nutmeg/sugar mixture on top, but if you aren't a fan of nutmeg, cinnamon would be nice too.  Then again, if you want to keep things simple, skip the spice and just use sugar.



I liked this recipe because it was so simple and not too rich.  Warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it does not get much better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey