A Fresh Coat of Paint


After much deliberating, I got my bedroom painted this week.  After carefully scrutinizing every shade of light-blue-gray known to man, Lance and I finally chose "Marilyn's Dress" by Benjamin Moore.


url.jpg

I am very pleased with the results:
Our bed with a quilt made from men's suits,  quilted by my Great-Grandma.  The dresser is a mid-century modern Craigslist Find.  The rug is a Pottery Barn Craigslist find.  The dog is our Jenny- a permanent fixture in our bedroom.

A favorite print of mine is "Master Bedroom" by Andrew Wyeth.  If you note my dog in the previous picture, you'll understand why.  The bench below is the bench that sat in my Grandma's living room.  She called it a "Deacon's Bench."  The crocheted afghan is also a handmade item from my Great Grandma Cecilia Fevold.

This picture shows my latest find from the trash-to-treasure parking lot of a little antique store in our town.


I am a little miffed at my husband for not taking a "before" picture.  This is a metal locker/cabinet, probably circa 1940's or 50's.  It was originally white and had a LOT of rust.  We payed $12 for it.
We cleaned it up and painted it with a rust colored spray paint from Valspar.  Then we sprayed it with a clear glossy finish. I love it.  It is exactly what I'd been hoping to find for this space.

And it is so functional.  The 5 large shelves inside will hide so many things that were crammed in closets or piled high on dressers before hand.  So much better than a Target fix, and Pottery Barn fix, or even an IKEA fix.

Comments

  1. Wow! You have been working hard! Love all the improvements. Makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Rachael! I, too, love the blue/gray colors. I love that the quilt was made out of men's suits! I'm STILL working on my quilt with the swatches of men's clothing I sell. This summer I'm hoping to finally finish it! We're planning a trip to Sioux Falls around June 4th. I'll let you know for sure and maybe we can get together.
    Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey