Day 2: FOOD

Day 2 is done.  I enjoyed this day... maybe a little too much.  Here's what I ate;

Breakfast:
Steel cut oats topped with goat cheese, walnuts, honey and dates, with 2% milk
clementine

Snack: coffee with cream

Lunch:
Chilli topped with sour cream and cheese, carrot and celery sticks w/ ranch, grapes, skim milk

Snack:
1 oz almonds, small bar dark chocolate

2nd Snack: again in the late afternoon, feeling very carb-hungry
goat cheese and 2 large dates (yummmmmm)

Supper:
1/2 roasted sweet potato w/ onions and spinach (roasted w/ salt and pepper and olive oil)
Cobb salad (egg, cheese, blue cheese dressing, tomato, carrot, green onion, romaine and spinach
Skim milk

Snack:
Decaf coffee with cream
MORE dates and with goat cheese


My thoughts:  I really enjoyed my food today- especially the goat cheese and dates :)  I felt a little too full at lunch.  I think I am over-compensating high fat foods, knowing that I can't have sugar/refined carbs, and fearing that I'll be hungry.  Also- I need to get rid of that 2nd afternoon snack- maybe delay my 1st one a little and add some more carbs to it.

I decided to to a diet analysis on my diet and here's what I found:

2233 calories (300-400 too many), 86g protein (good), 225g CHO (good), 119g fat (too high)


Tomorrow, I will not add as much cheese and half and half to my day :)

I think it is interesting that without eating any bread, cookies, crackers, etc, I pretty much exactly met my carb goal for the day, with whole grains, starchy vegetables, milk and fruit.

Challenges:
1)  My coworkers had day-old donuts and jelly beans in the office.  Actually, this wasn't too tempting because I don't really like these sweets, but on a usual day I would be starving, and would grab a donut.  Today, I brought plenty of good options to work with me, and so was able to resist eating empty carbs that I didn't even really like
2) We had our weekly small group and blond peanut butter, chocolate brownies were brought by a group member.  Usually, I would take one no matter what, as a way of being polite.  Tonight I didn't!
3) I don't really drink pop, but my husband does.  Whenever he pours a glass, I take at least a couple sips.  Tonight I didn't.  I drank water instead.

Here's to another day in the books.  Goals for tomorrow: cut back the fat, eat more fruit.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey