Christmas Crafty

I did some Christmas Crafts last weekend.  I'm kind of proud of them because

1) I'm not naturally very crafty- I WANT to be, but it isn't something I grew up doing
2) They were really cheap crafts
3) They look pretty darn good!

Craft #1:  Tomato Cage Christmas Tree

1) Take a tomato cage
2) Invert it onto an appropriately sized pot (I just used an old cracked one from my back yard)
3) String lights on the tomato cage (I used 300 lights).  Pinch the top wires together to form a point and wrap with lights
4) Take some garland and tuck around the base

My cost (the lights were the only thing I bought):  $6


Craft #2:  "Snowy" Candle Jars

1) Take some old jars (salsa, canning, jelly, whatever)
2) Fill half-way with epsom salt
3) Place a tea-light in the salt
4) Tie a ribbon or piece of twine around the jar

My cost:  $4 (epsom salt, tea lights and ribbon all purchased at the dollar store)



Inspired by some shiny coffeti I had stashed away in our craft box, the girls got a little crafty too.  I had tried to involve Claire in my crafts, as an attempt to "bond" with her, but half-way through stringing the tomato cage, she declared it a "boring craft" and was done with me ;)

Here's what the kitchen table looked like during their craft project:




Here were their finished projects:

Priceless Works of Art (to their Mommy, anyways)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey