Evenings Outside

When there is a beautiful day in mid-October, one should take advantage of it.  Soon, it will be dark by supper and likely cold as well.  Today was a 70-degree October day and, although I was inside for most of it, I was able to spread a blanket on the lawn and relax for awhile with the girls while Fisher was at the neighbor's for piano lessons.  There were sounds of leaf blowers and mowers all around, but I thought I was making the better choice- to lay on top of the leaves and enjoy the pleasantness of the late afternoon.


I found this cookbook at the library today.   Each recipe has a story behind it.  I will take a good cookbook over a novel to read any day :)

Our Sugar Maple is especially beautiful this year (due to the drought my husband says).  It is so lovely to look at from inside as well as out.

After supper we all took a little walk to a nearby church playground.  The huge hill was way more fun than the playground.


All of these warm, dry October days are really lovely, but the one thing that is spoiling it for me is that we NEED RAIN.  It has been about 6 weeks since we've had any; I wonder when it will come?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey