Today

Holland played with Kitty, Hippo, Teddy and Puppy.  I love to watch how seriously she takes her mothering play.

After school, Claire squealed with glee when she found the "How To Draw Animals" book I brought her from the library.

An hour later, she was still hard at work

The finished project.  Love.

It might FROST tonight!  I harvested a  bowl full of tomatoes and will bring in my basil plant tonight (so happy it is in a pot).  Hopefully the tomatoes, peppers and zucchini will live to see another day.


I made my favorite granola recipe- the one I've been making since college.  Since I was out of honey, I used pancake syrup in its place- and loved the results.  I have yogurt in the crock pot to go with this golden goodness tomorrow.

Honey Almond Granola

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup honey or pancake syrup (Maple syrup if you are spendy)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
6 cups Old-Fashioned oats
2/3 cup pumpkin seeds (or sesame)
1 cup chopped unsalted almonds
1/2 cup coconut (optional)

Heat oven to 325.  Melt butter in pan and stir in honey/syrup, vanilla and salt.  In a large bowel, combine oats, pumpkin seeds, almonds and coconut.  Pour honey mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine.  Pour onto a large cookie sheet and place in hot oven.  Bake for ~25 minutes, stirring every 8-10 minutes, until granola is golden brown.  Store in an air-tight container.

Comments

  1. I love those drawings of Claire's! And, I have to make this granola recipe. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey