Weekday Pad Thai with a Fried Egg

One of the major perks about the big kids being in school is that I don't have to make "kid food" any more for lunch.  Not that I ever had to, I don't believe in that, but I would choose to make Fisher and Claire things that they really liked: chicken nuggets, taquitos, ravioli, etc.  I'm quite tired of those things by now, and Holland is a really adventurous eater.  I have dreams of the next 3 years of lunches consisting of many ingredients mixed together with sweet, tangy and spicy sauces to boot.

Last Thursday, I made Pad Thai.  It was the best thing I've had in a looong time.  This is the recipe that I used as a model.  Here is what I actually made:



12oz cooked Soba buckwheat noodles
2tsp crushed Aleppo Pepper (or other crushed pepper)
3 Tbsp sesame oil
1/4 c. chopped cilantro
1/4 c. chopped red pepper
1/4 c finely chopped carrots
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 c chopped peanuts
3T honey
3T lite soy sauce
Eggs (1 per serving)

Boil noodles, drain.  Heat oil and crushed red pepper over medium heat in a small pan.  Strain out pepper and reserve oil.  To the oil, whisk in honey and soy sauce.  To the noodles, add cilantro, pepper, carrots, green onion and peanuts.  Top with oil/soy sauce/honey mixture.  Top each serving with an egg fried over-easy.  Yummm.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey