Fisher is now back from spending a week in Iowa at my parent's house.  This is the first year he's gone without Claire and I think it was a really good experience for everyone.  I am thankful to have parents who will take my kids on for long amounts of time.  As my children get older, it really isn't so much for my benefit (a break from looking after 3 kids) as it is for theirs (getting to know their Grandparents and having their undivided attention).  After loosing my Grandma this year, I count every moment of her influence on my life as a blessing.  These kinds of blessings are ones that I want to heap on top of my kids every year that they are able to have their Grandparents in their life.



One more benefit of having kids spend time apart from their siblings... they are MISSED and APPRECIATED by their siblings!  Tonight, after we had all finished supper together, Claire walked up to Fisher, wrapped her arms around him, leaned her head on his chest and said "I'm just so glad you're home."  And being a witness to THAT MOMENT was MY blessing.

Thanks Mom and Dad!

Comments

  1. Our pleasure. The more we love, the more that comes back to us.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey