Extreme Camping

Ahhhh... a cold front finally came through and we enjoyed a cool 89 degree day today... felt like heaven.  A week ago, the kids and I met my parents and went camping... in a tent... in 100+ degree weather.  Crazy?  Yes.  But we made it through and I don't think the kids really realized how crazy we were.  They thought it was great- even though we were the only tent-campers in the park and everyone else slept in air condition comfort in their campers.  We did have a fan at night and I actually got cold (really!).  My parents gave us the tent for our anniversary and I am looking forward to using it many times in the future... but not when it is so hot out :)

When we arrived, we went straight to the river.  Frozen yogurts were the perfect snack.


Helping Grandpa put up the tent... thankfully our site was mostly shaded.  We were also right across from the bathrooms so that we could go hop in for an ice cold shower whenever we needed it.

French Toast and sausage on the camp stove... yum.

My mom brought this amazing coffee pot.  It used to belong to my Great Grandma.  Isn't it adorable???

Comments

  1. Too bad I forgot the creamer for your coffee. Glad we did it. We have to go back in the fall.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey