In The Garden...

I have been so excited about my garden this year.  I bought this book to help me plan it this winter and found it so very comforting to read when the world was still frozen and brown.
I planted my garden the 2nd week of May and so far, it seem so be doing very well.  Every morning, one of the first things on my list is to check on my plants.  Who has a new blossom?  Who got dug up by the dog?  Are there FINALLY signs of one of the blossoms turning into a cucumber or a tomato or a zuchinni?  Right now it seems like we are in a waiting stage of growth.  Big things must be happening within, but there are no signs of fruit quite yet.  Just the blossoms giving me the promise of sweet things to come... kind of deep, huh?  :)

Here's a little garden tour..

Holland is always very eager to help me water the plants


My pots- Itallian Basil, lettuce, peppermint and broccoli.  Something's been eatin my broccoli- I don't think anything will come of it.  This year I tried it from seed in not enough sun beofre I transplanted it to a pot in a sunny spot.  Next year I am going to do a transplant and be sure to give it enough sun.  That's some kohlrobi I bought for super cheap but forgot to plant and now it's dead :(

Sugar snap peas!  I didn't get many, but I really enjoyed munching on them and using them to make The Pioneer Woman's "Beef With Snowpeas."  Oh it was SOOO good and very easy to make on a busy week night.


Some of my tomatoes.  I just realized that I planted 12 plants this year- twice what I have done before.  I have a small plot at our church garden too, and so between my yard and the church, I got a bit carried away.  I am hoping to have enough (which I should) to try canning this year- a new endeavor for me.  I planted Early Girls, Big Beefs, Golden Boys, Romas and one other one.  I can't wait to start eating my daily BLT!!

My very healthy looking cucumber plant


My pepper patch.  This is alway where my dog likes to dig when she's feeling pent-up or something.  Very aggravating.  That why I have these fence posts propped up around it.  It worked for a few days but now she's back at it, so I'm not sure what's going to happen to these guys.  I planted 4 green peppers, a red and a yellow one.  I have a jalapeno plant in the front yard.


My zuchini plant!  Last year I tried zuchinni and after producing 2 handsome zuchinnis, it up and died seamingly without reason.  This year I moved it out of the way of our neighbors sprinkler in case it was getting too much water.  We shall see.
So that's what's in my garden right now- lots of plants holding much promise...  I hope all of my gardening dreams come true this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey