Eight

Eight Years Old!  Every year I can't believe how OLD my oldest baby is getting to be.  We celebrated in lots of fun, yet simple ways, which I am finding are the best ways to celebrate most anything in life.

The morning of Fisher's birthday we headed to the Outdoor Campus for a hike.  It is a big favorite of ours- I am SO thankful for the opportunities we have to go and experience nature together in this place.  Fisher has been attending classes here since he was 3 and later in the week was able to be part of a FREE adventure camp where he shot a bb gun, cooked over coals, went fishing and canning, etc.


FISHER FACTS: AGE 8
Favorite Color: Yellow
Favorite Toy:  BeyBlades, DS/Wii games, science experiment kits
Favorite Food:  Spicy foods (buffalo wings, andouille sausage, hot sauce, etc).
New Talent:  He loves to sing and does it often and proudly at the top of his lungs.  He thinks he's really good and will not be shy to tell others that.  I'm still not sure about that, but it is fun to hear him belting it out!
Books Read (with mom and dad) this year:  Wrinkle In Time, Pippi Longstocking, Secret Garden, Boxcar Children
Favorite Subjects:  Math and Science
Birthday Menu:  Brats, shrimp, curly fries, frogeye saladcookie dough cupcakes.

A little while ago, Fisher had been drooling over ice cream cakes at DQ and informed me that that is what he wanted for his birthday cake this year.  There was a problem with that- my solemn vow to myself that I will always make my babies' birthday cakes.  Thank goodness for Pinterest!  I found this recipe for the cake and this recipe for slushy punch.

Wow... can you tell he is 8????  What a goof.

Cake close-up- I used white cake, birthday cake ice cream for the filling and vanilla ice cream for the "icing."  I used red sugar and butter cream icing to decorate the cake.  It was REALLY yummy.  I should know be cause I had a piece every night for a week after his party!  If you make this, be sure to allow at least 15 minutes for it to thaw before attempting to slice it.
For the first time, we hosted Fisher's friends party at our house.  We had always done it at a park before, but Fisher had specific things in mind for this years party.  We had 4 friends over (perfect number) for 2 hours (perfect amount of time).  Activities included a BeyBlade tournament (his current favorite toy), a water balloon fight and a water squirter fight (the boys' take home gift from the dollar store).  The boys had an absolute BLAST and it was SOOO much fun to see everyone happy and having such a good time together.  My favorite birthday party yet!
Lance carrying out his sneak attack from the roof

Fisher and his buddies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey