An Ending

For four years in a row, I have walked up to the 3rd floor of First Baptist Preschool with my children.  Both Fisher and Claire took a year of preschool and a year of Pre-Kindergarten there.  They each had a different and wonderful teacher for preschool, but for Pre-K they had Miss Cathy.  Miss Cathy is a perfect Pre-K teacher- warm and nuturing, but also with a little- "it's time to boot you out of the nest" kind of attitude.  Claire has been her student for 3 hours every weekday morning this year.  She loves Miss Cathy.  As she told me through sobs the other night, she "wants" Miss Cathy. 

After she got done singing her end-of-the-year program songs, she ran to her Daddy's lap and proceeded to cry through the rest of the program.  She is her Mommy's little girl.  I have always been very aware of endings and what they symbolize; of all that is going to be left behind when they come.  I could tell that many emotions, thoughts and memories were surrounding my little girl, sobbing on her Daddy's lap, and they were overwhealming her.

After the program ended, Claire found her teacher, who took one look at her and pulled her onto her lap.  This picture will become one of my very favorites.  In it I see my little girl, who wants to badly to be big and to move on to Kindergarten with her big brother, looking so small and little, in the lap of her teacher.  To me, this is precious.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey