Weekend Journal

What a nice weekend.  The kids are in bed, my laptop is on my lap, and "Friday Night Lights" is on our TV courtesy of Netflix.  It's our newest, most favorite show. 

As I think back to the weekend here are some things that I want to remember about it.

-Staying home from the gym Saturday morning after my son begged to not go so that we could have a morning to stay home and "have nothing to go and do."  Good call.
-Took my big girl on a shopping trip to Hobby Lobby where we picked out valentine-making supplies.  Bonus- all Crayola products were 30% off!
-We made classroom valentines!  Beautiful Butterflies for Claire's Pre-K friends and wrestling valentines for Fisher's 1st grade gang.  Yes.  Wrestling Valentines.  Even Pinterest was no help in researching this project, so I had to go old-school and use Word and clip-art to get them done.  "Have a 'tough' Valenine's Day!"
-Home improvements were made!  My husband made progress on a kitchen project AND framed and hung our 3 darling's portraits in our hallway. 

-We had a "date afternoon" on Sunday.  Brunch with our friends, followed by something I have been waiting months to see:

Oh how I love Garrison Keeler.  Every weekend, one of my favorite things is to listen to Prairie Home Companion and to his wonderful, wistful voice.  During the concert, I laughed most of the time, but also got choked up at others.  Probably because I was reminded of  my own sweet Norweigen Lutheran Grandma.

-When we walked in our front door after 4 hours away, 3 voices greeted us joyfully.  Our wonderful babysitter had made Valentines and paper chains with the kids while we had been away.  What a lovely thing to come home to.  Smart babysitter.

-Wings for Supper!

-Finally, we all settled down under quilts in our basement and watched a documentary about dinosaurs.  In the middle of it, Fisher cried out "Gosh I LOVE this show.  I mean, DANGER, BLOOD... everything a man needs to see!"  Later, when we fast-forwarded through some lizards "getting married," Claire cried out "But I want to see them get married!  I want to see marrying!" 

And with that, we ate some ice cream, read stories and said goodnight to our sweethearts.  Another weekend in the books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey