Frozen Fruit Cups



Tonight I made a big batch of one of my favorite little recipes.  I love it because they are pretty, tasty, and can be made ahead of time.  I tripled the batch and now I have plenty in my freezer for a brunch, birthday party,  meals and snacks in the months ahead.

Frozen Fruit Cups
1 package lemon jello
1 cup boiling water
6oz orange juice concentrate
20oz can crushed pineapple
16oz frozen fruit (tonight I used only strawberries.  Basically any fruit will do)
3-4 teaspoons crystallized ginger, finely diced (optional)
12- 5oz punch cups (can be found at party stores)

Dissolve jello in boiling water.  Stir in orange juice concentrate, crushed pineapple, frozen fruit and ginger.  Spoon into punch cups and freeze.  If you are going to have them in the freezer more than a day or two, you will want to cover them somehow.  You could do tinfoil over the tops, or place them in a storage container with lid.  Remove from the freezer 1.5 hours before serving to properly unthaw before serving.  They should be nice and slushy.  Yum.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey