A Christmas Miracle and Two New Kitchen Favorites

Take a look at this picture:
This is a Christmas Miracle!  Take a look at them... all three of them looking at the camera with a genunine, natural smile on their faces!  This baby is going in a frame and coming out every Christmas forever and ever!

I made two new things in my kitchen this weekend.  They both had kale in common.  Maybe it has something to do with New Years Resolution involving comfortably fitting into my jeans again, but I felt drawn towards kale this weekend.

First I made "Crunchy Kale."  Not exactly equal to potato chips, but they were very cruchy, salty and somewhat addicting.
Crunchy Kale
1 bunch Kale- washed and torn into bite sized pieces.
Dry off the kale and place it on a baking sheet.
Drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle 1 tsp salt over the kale.
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until crunchy.

Tonight I made Pioneer Woman's Hoppin' John.  Apparantly, eating black-eyed peas on New Year's Day brings good luck for the year.  I don't buy in to that, but I still wanted try out this recipe.  Pioneer Woman recommends serving this over rice, but I served it over cornbread and I am glad I did.  This was so, so, soooo good- one of my very favorite things I have made in a long time.  I took her advice and tossed some chopped kale in right before I served it.

Happy New Year Everyone!  May 2012 be filled with new and delicious things for all of you!

Comments

  1. Hi Rachael~Love the Christmas pic of the kids. Claire is starting to look so grown-up. Can't wait to see you guys again, and have the girls reunite. Also, my mother-in-law always makes hoppin john for New Years. Your recipe looks really good. I need to get on the kale kick, too, because I need to get out of my maternity jeans into my regular jeans!! Ahh, three months have gone by already. Hugs to you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey