From My Kitchen

I found THIS recipe on Pinterest and made it Sunday night.

CRISPY SOUTHWEST CHICKEN WRAPS- from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

They are now the latest addition to our meal rotation.  The recipe makes 8 large burritos, which is more than our family of 5 needed, but I reheated the leftovers for lunch by wrapping them in foil and sticking them in the oven for a few minutes.  My husband was very pleased to this alternative to his usual noon sandwich!

Since I had to make rice for the burritos, I made quite a bit extra to have on hand for the week.  My kids love rice warmed up in the morning with milk, cinnamon and sugar.  This afternoon, I made rice pudding, another huge favorite around here.

RICE PUDDING- from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook
3 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup raisins
cinnamon and/or nutmeg

Preheat oven to 325.  Beat eggs and sugar till light and fluffy.  Mix in milk and vanilla, then rice and raisins.  Pour into casserole and sprinkle with cinnamon and/or nutmeg.  Place casserole in a larger baking pan.  Pour boiling water into baking pan until it reaches half way up the sides of the casserole.

Bake pudding for 30 minutes.  Stir.  Continue baking 15-25 minutes more, pudding is set in the middle and a knife comes out clean.  Serve warm or cold.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey