Pumpkin Spice Latte... In Your Crockpot!

What more do I have to say... as soon as I read about this I knew it was something I had to try. 

Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Lattes

Ingredients
1/2 cup brewed espresso or3/4 cup strong coffee
2 cups milk (preferably 1 percent)
2 tablespoons canned puréed pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
(or: 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon cloves, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, tiny pinch of ginger)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
whipped cream (optional)

Cooking Directions
Use a 2-quart slow cooker.
Add coffee/espresso and milk to the stoneware.
Whisk in pumpkin, spices, sugar, and vanilla.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.

Whisk again. Ladle into mugs, and garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon.

When you serve them, be sure to serve a spoon with each mug.  If you don't stir them every once and awhile, you will end up with too much pumpkin puree at the end.  I added a little more coffee than the recipe called for; I felt like the amount called for in the recipe made them a little too weak.  Overall, these were super delicious and a fun treat for fall.  


Comments

  1. Soon you will have to figure out how to do it for peppermint mocha

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may have to make this next week. Good pics of my grandkids!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey