Today...

Today I was expecting to wake up, dress and feed the 3 kids and scoot them off to daycare, preschool and school, and then head in to work.  I was then planning on working for the next 7 hours, then picking up Claire, then Holland, then Fisher, then dropping Claire off at gymnastics, prepping supper, eating supper and then putting the three kids to bed.

Instead...

-Holland woke up at 5:30am, and came into bed with Lance and I.
-Holland threw up at 6:30am.  At this point, I knew that I would not be working today.
-I took Fisher to school and then Claire to school
-Holland and I came home and played with blocks.  Then we took a bike ride to our neighborhood park and spent time on the swings and slides.
-We came home and had a snack.  At this point the poor little girl was out of energy.
-For the next 3 hours we spent lots of time cuddling, napping and rocking.
-When I was able to leave her, I snuck away and caught up on laundry and made chocolate chip cookies
-I changed everyone's bed linens!  What an accoplishment!
-Holland awoke and we rocked on the porch swing while we waited for Fisher's ride to drop him off. 
-When Fisher arrived, he took one look at me and burst into tears.  He had a fever and felt sick.
-I tucked Fisher in on the couch and put in a movie
-Picked Claire up from preschool/ extended care.  She was in a great mood- excited for gymnastics and refreshed from a nap.  I think she needs to take more naps...
-Came home, fed Claire some cookies (chocolate chip oatmeal is her favorite)
-Took Claire to gymnastics, then picked her up
-Sat down with everyone for a supper of black beans and rice with andouille sausage
-Fisher drank his milk and got sick.  Poor guy.  Two sick kids... who's next?
-Bathed the kiddos and then sat in the living room all together, listening to Claire tell us stories about her babies, her husband and her job as a principal.
-Put the kiddos to bed.  Got a phone call from my dad telling me my grandma isn't doing well and this might be the end.  Trying to wrap my mind around that.
-Thinking about how a day can be more special, tender, fun, and sad than I could have imagined it could be.

Comments

  1. Rachael,

    I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma passing away.
    Grandmas are so special and leave such an impression on our lives. The beauty is that the memories of them live on forever in our hearts. I pray that you and your family have peace at this time when you celebrate her life. I love thinking of the verse that we will have new bodies in heaven.
    XO Katie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey