July This n That

I can't believe that July is almost over!  I have been meaning to post pictures of what we've been up to for awhile, but we've been so busy and thus I have been so tired and not feeling to inspired lately.  Here's the shortened version of our adventures this month:

For the 4th of July we went to Platte for my husband's uncle's big 70th birthday bash.  We toured the flooding of the Missouri River. 

It was REALLY hot that day and the kids were complaining about walking around the river until we found some rocks to throw... then nobody wanted to leave :)

My husband and the two big kids

Holland and her Daddy

The men playing Pitch at Uncle Leonard's Birthday Party

The day after our trip to Platte, we packed up and the kids and I spent a week in Iowa with my parents.  The best part was that Aunt Sigrid was there too!  My kids are very lucky to have an Aunt like my sister.  They have a lot of fun together.  Hooray for Aunt Sigird!

Taking in the 4th of July Parade




My sister and I decided to suprise my mom for her 60th birthday (a few weeks early).  We gave her a note one afternoon telling her to pack her overnight bag and to get dressed up.  We drove to my Aunt's home, had wine and delicious food, and then went to see the operal "Don Pasquale."  The following morning we all enjoyed breakfast together before coming home to my Dad, who graciously watched all 3 of my kids while we got away!




I also got to visit with my wonderful Grandma, who turned 91 years old this month- doensn't she look fabulous!  I hope I'm looking this good in my 9th decade!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey