Old Friends

For the last year and a half, Claire has had a standing weekly play-date with her best friend Mary Elizabeth.  In a couple of days, Mary Elizabeth is moving far away and those play-dates won't happen anymore.  Claire's mommy is sad about this for many reasons.


1) I love Mary Elizabeth.  She has a lot of spunk.  If you've ever read Junie B. Jones, that is how I would best describe her.  She has a great imagination, she's not afraid to get dirty, she keeps you on your toes and she is super sweet and she loves Claire.  I am so thankful that she was Claire's first real friend.


2)  I am going to miss Mary Elizabeth's mom, Katie.  She is a sort of kindred spirit, and I have found that it is hard to find kindred spirits when you are in your 30s and immersed in the world of laundry and child-rearing.  I have enjoyed discussing books, cooking, raising children and gardening with her.  We see eye-to-eye on many things.  Fortunately, she has a blog so I can keep up with her and her spunky daughter


3) I am going to miss having a standing play-date for Claire!  This is the least of the reasons why I am sad about Mary Elizabeth moving, but it has been nice to have a place for Claire to go and play for a few hours on a regular basis.

So, here are the girls, aren't they adorable?  The do love each other and have spent so many happy times together in play.  Good luck Mary Elizabeth and Katie- you will be missed and remembered with smiles!


Comments

  1. Rachael,
    I love this!! This is so sweet. I love the video too. It will be so fun for them to look back on that when they're older. This entry means so much to me. We'll miss you! Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey