Garden Update!

My little garden is staring to show some promise.  This year I am doing several tomatoes and peppers in pots so I can put them where we have the most sun in our yard.  I have tried peppers for the past 2 years with NO success, so I am hoping that the new location will yield good results.  Anyway, here's a look at my garden as it is today:

The first tomato blossoms opened up.... wish I had a better camera to capture them with...

My cilantro is coming along.  I snipped some for the fajitas we had the other night.  The kids added some to theirs too.  I have had really poor success with cilantro in years past.  This winter I did a little research and learned that I needed to do it from seed, not transplant.  So that's what I do and I am adding new seed every week or so, so that I'll have fresh ready to pick all summer long.

My first year for zucchini.  This plant is probably the best looking one in my garden so far.  There are a ton of blossoms already.  I hope to make massive amounts of zucchini bread to store in my deep freeze.  I also have a cucumber plant in this bed, but it is looking a little sickly and I didn't want to show it off online.  I think it will come around.  My cucumber plants always start off wimpy and finish the summer strong...

Baby romaine lettuce.  I picked enough for Claire and I to have a small salad tonight.  It was delicious.  I am sewing more seed every couple weeks to keep it growing.  I planted spinach in the other half of this bed, but it is looking bad, so I might put lettuce in there too... or maybe some arugula.

My tomatoes (not counting the 3 I have in pots).  I have Romas, Lemon Boys, Big Boys, Big Beefs, Early Girls, Sweet cherry and sweet grape.  I can't wait for my daily BLT lunches to begin!

So that's where things sit today.  It is hard not to become impatient waiting for things to develop.  Oh yes, I also bought some dill weed and some peppermint that I need to put in the ground tomorrow.  Hurrah for dill pickles and mojitos with fresh mint!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey