A Merry Mother's Day


When I woke up this morning the kids gave me this card.  Isn't it perfect?  I love it.


Today we dedicated our little Holland at church. 

Our family

The mothers on mother's day.  My mom, my grandma, Holland and me.



A PRAYER OF BLESSING FOR HOLLAND
written by her Daddy

Holland,

Your Mother and I are blessed by you.  We love our strong, determined and silly little girl.  You have a big family praying for you today.  Our prayer is that you would sense God's presence in your life.  We have placed our hope in our Heavenly Father, and we wait expectantly for the moment God becomes your Hope, your Savior and your Redeemer.  We pray that you will live with strength, boldness and faithfullness.  Remember to turn and run to God for strength, even when you feel least worthy of His love.

We will always love you,
Mom and Dad


Holland was a typical 15 month old during her dedication:  she babbled and grunted and strained pretty much the whole time we were up front for the dedication.  When our pastor tried to hold her she made it clear that that was not a possibility, but we made it through without any tantrums :)  We love Holland so much and do pray earnestly that one day she will trust in God as her Savior and know His peace and love in her life.

After the dedication we came back to our house for a really yummy brunch.  I think I may have finally found my "go-to" egg bake recipe- yay!  I've tried recipe after recipe over the years, but never found a "keeper."  This is the one I used today and I think I'll make it again and again...
After our guests left we met friends at a park and we all took turns on the swings.  Then we enjoyed burritos together and called it a day.  Just before supper, Fisher brought me a boquet of dandelions.  I suggested he give it to my friend who's house we were about to eat at, but he said "No, I want to give them to you.  It's Mother's Day!"  I accepted his gift and declared them beautiful... and they are... don't you think?



Comments

  1. Thanks for a wonderful day/weekend.
    Love you so much.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't be more proud of you and your family. DAD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey