Yogurt Snob

Without meaning to, I've become a yogurt snob.  It all started with Yo Baby. 


A bite for Holland, a bite for me, a bite for Holland, a bite fore me... and so forth and so on...  Soon I was spoiled for the cheap, fat-free stuff that I usually fed myself. 

Next I tried Chobani Greek Yogurt.  It was on sale for $1.25/ 6oz container.  YUM.  It was SO good- but SO expensive.  Pineapple and Mango are my favorties.  My budget won't allow me to buy it often, but I just found out today that Sam's Club sells it by the case- and that's all I needed to know to decide to get a membership!



Because Chobani was too expensive for my weekly budget, I decided there must be a way that I could still get delicious organic yogurt without paying way too much.  So I 've been buying Horizen Plain Cream on Top yogurt by the quart.  It is suprisingly delicious as-is, but I also like to add a little sugar or honey and vanilla to it, or top it with fruit.  However, I'm not the only one in the family that has fallen in love with high-quality yogurt.  The last time I boght a quart (at about $4) it was gone in 24 hours....



Then I totally went off the deep-end.  I decided to buy  the newest yogurt they had on sale at Hy-Vee- Noosa Yoghurt.

 I picked the mango and it was completely, sinfully delicious.  I have never tasted yogurt so good!  However, since it was on sale for nearly $1.70 for an 8-oz container, I don't think this will become a regular in my refrigerator either. 

So now that I'm a yogurt snob but can't afford to eat the yogurt I crave, I have decided to try making my own yogurt.  I found a lot of recipes online; here is an example of one:  Crock-pot Yogurt Recipe
I am shocked at how simple it is- I'm going to try tomorrow!  I am so excited!

Comments

  1. Have you been to MamboSprouts.com? They have coupons on organic things, right now they have coupons for $1/1 YoBaby! Liv likes that stuff too, but she'll settle for Dannon All Natural Vanilla. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a food snob in general. Once you've tried the good stuff it's so hard to go back-which is very unfortunate for our budget as well. I can't wait to hear how your yogurt turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey