Planting Seeds

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt."

~ Margaret Atwood

I am so glad that Spring is finally here!  March was such a cold, long month, and the warm weather and open windows are bringing joy to our home.  Holland is completely enamored with the outdoors, and as I remember my other children doing on their second Spring, she crawls to the front door, pulls herself up to it and points to the outside.  If that hint doesn't take, she begins to grunt loudly and suggestively, and if that doesn't do the trick, she lets the tears flow freely until I open up the door and carry her out into the world that she has just discovered.  She loves to sit on the ground and study the grass, leaves and rocks that surround her.

Today after school I let the kids have fun planting some seeds that I bought at the dollar section of Target.  Cilantro, Basil and Sunflowers will be the start of our produce this year... oh I am so EXCITED to plant our garden!

Watching the soil pellets grow into a soft mound of soil after adding a little warm water

Our little seeds at home in their pots... ready to soak up the sun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey