Hand-Me-Down's-- Hooray!



This weekend I had my hubby get down the 18-2T bin of Claire's old clothes so I could get some things out for Holland to wear this summer.  Oh how sweet to finger the little garments that my Almost-Five-Year-Old used to toddle around in.  I remember when I was hugely pregnant with Holland and with my nesting-instinct in overdrive, I sorted through all of the clothes I had saved from Fisher and Claire.  Up to that point, I didn't know if I wanted a boy or girl as the next baby in the family, but once I opened up the bins of girls clothes, I knew that a MAJOR perk of having a second girl would be that I would get to see all of Claire's cutest frills come to life again.
In the photo below, Holland is wearing what I think might be my favorite outfit of Claire's to-date.  My sister gave it to her almost a year before she was even able to wear it- it was that cute in the store and she couldn't pass it by.  My sister "Aunt Sigrid" has been really good at spoiling her nieces and nephews (and their mom) with super cute, often frivolous clothes.

Here's Holland in the Elephat Outfit from Aunt Sigrid


Here's her big sister 3 years earlier!


The Dark Side of Hand-Me-Down's

After I came down from the girly high of sorting through Claire's hand-me-down's for Holland, I went to tuck a few out-grown baby clothes in my "keep forever no matter what" bin.  And I saw this hat.  This hat is not just a hat.  It is The Hat That Fisher Wore When He Was Two.  Two and adorable.  Two and still had baby-fat.  Two and still called me "Mommy" or even "Mamma."  He wore this hat all the time the summer he was two.  It is faded and wrinkled, but when I see it I remember my little boy in vibrant colors of that summer.  And I miss him.  Sigh...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey