Doritos... My Husband's Love Language

We do not usually have many snacks in our house.  Usually, on a good day, one could find some Goldfish or Wheat-thins in the cupboard, and I try to bake some cookies once a week. That it pretty much the extent- and that is just because I have 3 little kids.  I grew up in a non- snacky home.  My sister and I like to joke that there was no "food" in our house... only ingredients.  Everything was basically homemade.   Other reasons we tend to not have a lot of processed snack food in our house is that they tend to be expensive, and do not favor the weight maintenance/ weight loss goals of the grownups in our home.

Every once and awhile, I soften.  While running errands last week at Target, I wandered over the grocery section and noticed that there were some pretty good sales on "snacks."  I was headed out of town with the kids for the weekend, so I decided to fill the pantry for my honey.

Cheddar Bunnies- check
Graham Bunnies- check
Granola Bars- check
Honey Bunches of Oats- check
DORITOS- check.
I almost bought 1% milk, but knew that would be going too far, so I stuck with skim before things got too out of hand.

That night, when Lance opened the pantry door, as he does nightly in hopes of finding something processed to snack on (though usually in vain) he visibly softened.  He stared at the spread before him and said, "I love you.  You are awesome."  He had seen the Doritos, and all of the other brightly colored, name brand labeled cardboard boxes that I had purchased for him with love.  And I felt great.  I had made him happy; I had treated him, I had satisfied his snackies.  Check.

Comments

  1. In some ways my brother and I are pretty similar... this is one of them! My hubby got me a McD #2 for lunch, as terrible as I'm sure it is, there is not much that makes me happier! And I do love me some Doritos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Doritos, too! The food companies know we love salt fat sugar.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey