Feelin' Fancy

Claire and I went on a Mommy-daughter date a couple Saturdays ago.  I had seen that a local children's toy store was putting on a "Fancy Nancy Storytime."  We put our best dresses on and headed downtown. We weren't the only mommy and daughter pair out that morning.  The toy store was SWARMING with little girls in their frilly best.  From what I could tell, I was the only Fancy Mommy, but that was ok.  We stayed for story time, but decided to go for coffee instead of staying for the craft.  I haven't done this type of thing with just Claire before.  Usually our "girl time" has just consisted of grocery shopping or errand running (which she likes to do).  Sometimes we just have "coffee" together while folding laundry together during the baby's morning nap.  Those are dear times spent together with my girl, but it felt GOOD to do something special.  To make a fuss over her, and over myself for her sake.  I could tell it made her feel special, and that was her gift to me.







Comments

  1. I love this! We were going to go to the Fancy Nancy deal, too, but didn't make it. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey