Pretty Pudding on a Snowy Day

It snowed and snowed and snowed today!  It was a gorgeous snow and it made me feel the need to do a little nesting.  I love how snow seems to cause all things to slow down a little bit.  To cancel an appointment so that we don't have to go out, to snuggle with a blanket and read a book, to grab your baby and look out a picture window at the white world outside.  


It also made me want to make pudding.  Tapioca pudding to be exact.  Oh, how I love tapioca pudding, and so do my children.  My husband won't touch it with a ten-foot pole, but that is just as well... more for the rest of us!  I put the baby down for her afternoon nap, and whispered to Claire that we should make tapioca pudding.  "Hurry!"  she whispered back, "Let's make it quick so it can be a surprise when Fisher gets home from school!"  My thoughts exactly.  I just love surprising my loves with something warm and sweet waiting for them when they come back to our nest after being away.


Tapioca Pudding

1/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp Tapioca
2 3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Mix sugar, Tapioca and milk.  Let stand for 5 minutes.  Then heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.  Beat egg in a separate bowl.  SLOWLY add about 1/2 cup of the hot liquid to the egg and mix together.  Then SLOWLY add the egg mixture to the pudding and stir for about a minute.  Remove from heat and add vanilla.  Divide into six small dessert cups and cool for 20 minutes.  Serve warm or chilled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey