Another First


Claire was off to her first day of preschool today. For the past two years, she has taken her brother to preschool, and today it was her day to stay! Yesterday I took her to Target where we both picked out this adorable pink dress on the clearance rack, and then we had enough to spend on shoes! I successfully steered her away from the Disney Princess shoe section, but couldn't quite convince her to get these really cool pewter flats. Luckily, we spotted some pink All-Stars, and it was a perfect compromise.

This morning she was super excited and even let me comb and gel her hair without protest. On the way to school, she kept scrunching up her face in anticipation. She stuck pretty close to me while we hung up her sweater and back pack, and found her name tag. Then we sat down to color and she told me she loved me, and it was ok for me to go. What more could I ask for? She loves me, and she's ok.

She'll be at school from 9-11:30 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. There will still be plenty time for our "girl-time," but I am going to miss her a lot. Hanging out with Claire is a lot of fun. We have "coffee" (she has hot cocoa) together while we fold laundry on the kitchen table. I take the "hard stuff" and she takes care of the wash clothes and underwear. We play barber shop, where she combs my hair and then puts every barrette she owns in my hair. We play babies, and we take walks, and we go shopping together. It is nice to have a daughter.

But I actually have 2 daughters! And so I will still have girl time on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings, but it will be with my other gal pal... Miss Holland. I am really looking forward to some more one-on-one time with this cutie.


Today I was able to get some housework done while she slept, and then was able to nurse her in peace, and then sit and kiss on her and make her laugh without interruption. Then we went into her room that she shares with her sister, and she sat on Claire's bed while we talked and I put away laundry. It was nice.
And then we picked up her big sister, who got to be the "line leader" and ran to me saying "I get to go back tomorrow! Don't forget to wake me up!"

Comments

  1. You're right! It is wonderful to have daughters. I am glad you got to have more than one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ice Capades

On Purpose

In My Kitchen... Yeast Bread With Liquid Whey